Saturday 13 October 2012

VFX Festival



This is the leaflet that I was handed once I arrived at the festival. As you can tell, the top picture shows the timetable for the festival, however, it was limited to one per night so I chose 'Just what is Compositing' on Wednesday and 'Starting out in VFX' on Thursday. Both were interesting to attend and I did come out with some information, but I have to admit, it wasn't as informative as I would have liked.

I was able to talk to a view people already in the VFX Industry who I asked perhaps too many questions but I wanted to know and get as much knowledge from this VFX Festival as I could. I also met some people who had just recently finished a Masters/Undergraduate course and from other countries who had come over to improve their English and get into the Industry within London.

One person I got to meet was Simon Haslett (Link) and he explained so much about the Industry, and has a wealth of knowledge. For 'Starting out in VFX' I got to meet Alastair Cross (Link) who gave an overview of his experience working for Escape Studios after finishing the course and at Polar Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment